Time to get busy….5 tips to boost your traffic
Now I am no means an expert in the whole internet marketing game, in fact, I would say that I’m pretty much a complete novice truth be told. However I checked my analytics account the other day to look at the figures and the traffic has increased by almost 30% this last month with around 35% growth in the last 6 months.
I was pleased with the figures and I do think that this increase has a direct correlation with business growth in general. So with that in mind I thought I would share a few tips as to why this may have happened.
1. Quality Content: This is clearly the most important part of the process. A lot of my readers are regulars and I believe this is down to the good level of content on the site. No one wants to read crappy content but it doesn’t have to be revolutionary either. Solid fundamentals and the application of these is the way forward and pretty much sums up the philosophy on the stuff I put out.
2. Build your newsletter: I started collecting emails some time ago and have now built up a good number of people. Its a great way to keep people informed. If you’re starting a site I would definitely get yourself a good newsletter programme. I use 1 Shopping Cart for all my products and autoresponders.
3. Guest contributors: Its always good to hear the thoughts of other coaches, for all the readers, including me! I have a couple of good contributors in Ian Fisher and Danny Hague who I know will bring good things to the site based on their work with actual athletes and individuals! I’ll be bringing in some more contributors in the coming months.
4. Put your content out on other quality sites: As well as being good for getting your message out there, quality links from different sites help to generate traffic back here which is a good thing. Sites like YourMMA, Sprintstrong, EliteFTS, Nick Grantham are great for this, as well as helping your search engine results due to the links established.
5. Social networking is key: The big 2 facebook and twitter provide around 30% of the total traffic that I get each month. You can’t ignore that, its a great way to network and get out there, as well as learn from others too!
So that’s 5 key things you can do to boost your internet traffic pretty quickly. Put these into operation and you will see some results.
The take home message is keep it QUALITY! Everything you do should be top notch.
Have a good one,