#SNFTV Episode 8: Big Sam Taking on the Gym! (AND a big announcement)
Today I have a third video as promised for the week AND a big announcement for you!
Here’s a video of one of my snowsport athletes Sam Turnbull. Sam is a true warrior, every time I see him he’s got a new injury of some kind but does it stop us training? Of course not! We work around it, injuries are opportunities!
Here’s the session we went through with Sam this particular rainy day not so long ago….
And this is what Sam is training to do!
Ok, on another note, I have a BIG announcement to make.
I mentioned on twitter the other day about a webinar with a genuine world leader in the field of power development. Of all the guesses I got first prize definitely goes to Arran Peck with his suggestion of Barrack Obama. Unfortunately Barrack was busy but instead I managed to secure a good alternative in Dr Dan Baker from the Brisbane Broncos for a webinar entitled:
So on the 8th May at 10AM GMT you can tune in Live and listen to the interview, ask questions and you’ll get a full recording of the call too.
In the interview itself we’ll be covering the following areas:
- Dan’s background and how you he got into strength and conditioning
- Power Training Fundamentals- What we need to be doing as coaches
- Working the curve- how to train different areas
- How to identify which areas need the most focus
- Dan’s research into post activation potentiation and the application of this in sports training
- How strong you need to be to optimise power
- How to structure power training sessions
- How to develop multiple physical qualities simultaneously during a mesocycle
- Much, much more
The early bird price for the session is only £35 before the 3rd May. Dan has been a big influence on my own power training and general S&C philosophy and has tons of in the trenches experience. His Phd was carried out with his elite rugby squad at the brisbane broncos, not some laboratory based stuff that has no relevance. He really is a true pioneer in the field.
If you can’t attend the call you can still send your questions in and I’ll put them to Dan. You’ll get a recording of everything to keep too.
All the info for the webinar is at
Get involved and learn from a world leader.
Thanks again for reading and listening my stuff,