Big Announcement #1: Vern Gambetta is BACK! SPEED TO THE MAX 2 DAY WORKSHOP in November…
Yes it’s been a while coming (I’ve been talking about this ‘BIG’ announcement for some time) but finally got things sorted. This is the first of 2 BIG announcements coming in the next couple of weeks.
Vern Gambetta will be presenting his SPEED TO THE MAX course, November 2nd and 3rd at Leeds Met and will be covering all aspects of speed development and athlete development.
You can find out ALL the details about the workshop at the link below:
VERN GAMBETTA SPEED TO THE MAX
Needless to say this will be an awesome learning opportunity for people.
It’s going to be a fantastic weekend.
Check out the info at VERN GAMBETTA SPEED TO THE MAX. At the bottom of this blog is the list of specific modules Vern will be covering on the weekend. Have a read to see what you’ll be learning about!
Check out the specific modules Vern will be covering (There’s a LOT of content so be prepared!)
- Introduction – The concept of Sport Specific Speed and an in depth look at developing sprinters and speed in general.
- Biomechanics of Speed: The key concepts that are required in coaching. Learn all about ground reaction forces, contact times, horizontal versus vertical force production and gain a greater understanding of the sprint model in this model.
- Posture, Arm Action, Leg Action (PAL) Paradigm, progressions and regressions to get the best from your athletes. This fundamental coaching sequence will be explained in depth. Vern will show his unique application of the system that has led to elite sprinters and multi sport athletes setting personal beasts for over 40 years.
- Designing your sprint session: Including functional warm-up progressions leading into speed mechanics. Putting together the session is a key part of the process of actually getting faster! In this section of the workshop Vern will show how to ensure your athletes are ready to train for speed and then how to progress the speed session to get the most from them at all times.
- The Mechanics of Speed: This module covers starting and acceleration mechanics, absolute speed, optimum stride length and frequency. You’ll learn what you should be looking for in your coaching, how to utilise video to provide effective feedback and how to time your coaching interventions to ensure your athletes gain the understanding and learning that you want from them.
- Multi-Directional Speed and Agility: This module covers the transfer of straight line speed to sports requiring agility and multi-directional movement mechanics. Learn how to take you athletes to the next level when it comes to changing direction.
- Analysis and Evaluation of Speed: How do you know when your improving? This module will teach you simple tests and give you simple tools to evaluate performance gains, along with more in depth analysis of the sprinting mechanics so you know exactly WHERE to make the changes that are required for improvements.
- Strength Training for Speed: Learn about how to get your athletes functionally strong, dynamic and explosive using Verns strength and power training principles that have developed performance athletes for over 40 years.
- Programming for Speed: Learn all about how to design speed, strength, and performance programmes that will bring the best out of your athletes all year round. Learn about WHEN to emphasise strength and work capacity, when to train for absolute speed, how to build robust athletes and keep people injury free.
- Plyometrics, mobility and flexibility training: Learn how these 3 tools can be applied to build serious speed and athletisicm in your athletes. How to coach, programme, progress and regress to suit the population or individual you work with.