2 LIVE workshops to go before Summer!
Well I guess this week has been quite hot and summery so far, but purely for the Strength and Conditioning Education agenda there are 2 to go before the summer break in July and August.
The first workshop is Ben Rosenblatts Injuries are Opportunities 1 day course on Saturday 29th June. Click HERE to find out more details or keep reading this post!
The second is a BRAND NEW LIVE WEBINAR on Sunday 30th June with none other than KELVIN GILES entitled THE QUEST FOR PHYSICAL LITERACY! Click HERE to find out more details or read on!
Nick Grantham You’re Hired was supposed to be this weekend, but we messed up on the dates, I am delivering a UKSCA workshop and Nick is in camp! If you were going to book onto this workshop you can still buy the You’re Hired Video HERE
More about Injuries are Opportunities CLICK HERE TO BOOK
This workshop is an exciting addition to the S&C Education schedule. Drawing on Ben’s extensive experience working with elite injured athletes, you will gain understanding into high performance rehab and testing protocols that can be applied with your clients and athletes immediately following the course. We all work with clients who have experience some injuries in their careers. this workshop will give you the understanding of how these occur and some progressions on how to build your clients back up and bulletproof them to avoid future reoccurrence applying the lessons learnt from elite sport to everyday athletes and general population.
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
– A week in the BOA Intensive Rehab Unit (IRU) and what it takes to actually change movement patterns
– The theory and application of occlusion training and how to incorporate into your programmes for performance enhancement goals
– Common joint by joint injury mechanisms
– Bulletproofing your athletes: step by step guide to reducing injuries for good!
– Ground up low to high load rehab progressions
– Programming around injuries following the ‘Injuries are Opportunities’ mantra!
– Pschology of injuries and how to get the best from your athletes in difficult scenarios
– Intensity and volume of training for healthy and injured athletes alike.
– Exercise progressions and regressions that you can use immediately following the course
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Ben is the Senior Rehabilitation Scientist at the Intensive Rehabilitation Unit of the British Olympic Medical Institute and English Institute of Sport. The role of the IRU is to accelerate the rehabilitation of injured Olympic athletes. Ben is responsible for providing strength and conditioning coaching to injured Olympic athletes, providing objective evidence to support the process of clinical reasoning and developing innovative solutions to rehabilitation problems. Ben is currently completing his PhD in biomechanics and S&C (Cardiff School of Sport), coaches several members of the British Olympic Judo team and is an honorary lecturer at University College London. Previously Ben led the Sports Science and Fitness department at Birmingham City FC, worked as an S&C coach at the Olympic Medical Institute and has worked in college and university sport in the USA and UK.
More about The Quest for Physical LIteracy Sunday 30th June at 10AM GMT CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO AND TO BOOK
In this 60 minute session you’ll learn the following information
- Kelvin’s background, how he got to where he is now
- Athletic Development Fundamentals- the key things we need to work on in our programmes
- Training generation Y! What we are dealing with and some potential solutions
- The truth about injury PREVENTION! What we can do as coaches to intervene and HOW!
- It’s more than just load on the bar- Kelvins perspective on strength and power training
- How to make changes in your athletes
- How to Train todays youth populations- the Movement Solution!
- Much, much more
Those of you tuning in live all you need to do is tune in a few minutes before the start of the webinar and you’ll be ready to go!
What about questions and answers?
No problem, questions will be taken at the end for 20 minutes and you can ask your questions interactively direct to Kelvin.
After the presentation you can log in to the facebook group and discuss the entire thing with the other people who watched it live. The group will stay open to all including those who didn’t tune in live and can be accessed at any time.
How much is it?
A true world leader in the field of Athletic Development, Kelvin has been there, done it, and probably forgotten more than you or I know! Find out more about Kelvin HERE.
Unbelievable value, hope to catch you on the 30th June!