TNT: Get ready to EXPLODE your productivity!
The acronym TNT reminds me of cartoons I used to watch when I was little (Hell I still watch em lol).
Anyway, in this case it’s slightly different and this has been a major mantra for me in my working life so far.
TNT stands for
I got this from Kim Cardile, a performance coach and researcher from Australia, from her talk at the global coaches house last week.
I love the simplicity and aggressiveness of it; it’s perfect for me and describes my attitude towards my goals very well.
Procrastination is a productivity KILLER! No question about this at all.
Of course you can’t do everything today, some things are ongoing both in the short, medium and long term.
Here’s what I do everyday to help me get things done.
– In the evening I write a list of everything that’s ongoing, and stuff I need to get done the next day.
– This list has all ongoing projects AS WELL as new things no matter how big and small.
– I keep this list and my diary handy at all times so I can write things down whenever they hit me!
– If anything on that list takes me less than 5-10 minutes I make sure it gets done before 9am the next morning.
– Longer term projects I make sure I touch on them every day even if its only thinking about them to make sure everything is on track even if this something is a note that it doesn’t need looking at again this week for example. I’ll then make a note for next week in my diary to check back on it.
– At the end of the day the list gets re- written for the next day and the process starts again.
– This means you stay on top of everything that’s going on, and introduce new things all the time.
Get it done today not tomorrow whenever possible, it will improve your performance in coaching and in life!
Sign up to my newsletter and get your free S&C TOP TIPS WEBINAR and some other stuff too.